Tradition Search Partners represents schools in N-12 educational-leadership searches. We utilize aggressive and tested processes, advanced technology, and stakeholder engagement work that strengthens school communities through the search process.
- Supporter of the National Association of Independent Schools
- Supporter of the National Association of Episcopal Schools
- Woman-owned small business
- Certified Inclusive Recruiter via Textio
- Carbon-neutral firm in partnership via Terrapass
Tradition Search Partners was founded in 2015 to provide extraordinary service to clients in the N-12 education sector who were being forced to settle for lower levels of service than they’d get in the for-profit world.
We are typically called in when a search is more challenging than usual: ultra-niche school, unusually high standards, niche demographic, tiny schools, challenging geographies, and/or previously unsuccessful searches. We started working with Jewish day schools, expanded to other parochial independent schools and secular independent schools, work occasionally with select nonprofits and for-profit companies, and now also conduct superintendent searches for public school districts with very discerning communities.
Our goal is to leave the organization and community stronger than we found them. There’s nothing we haven’t seen, and there’s nothing we can’t handle. That’s what we do best: not just finding the right person but strengthening morale to help the right person rise to the top and succeed.
We have placed one or more senior leaders at each of the following client schools or organizations.
- Abiqua Academy (Salem, Oregon)
- Akiba Academy of Dallas (Dallas, Texas)
- Atlanta Jewish Academy (Atlanta, Georgia)
- Ashbrook Independent School (Corvallis, Oregon)
- Berman Hebrew Academy (Rockville, Maryland)
- Bernard Zell Anshe Emet Jewish Day School (Chicago, Illinois)
- Bread for Israel (New York, New York)
- Cedar Creek School (Ruston, Louisiana)
- Fuchs Mizrachi (Beechwood, Ohio)
- Hebrew Academy of Greater Miami (Miami Beach, Florida)
- Jewish Family Service of Delaware (Wilmington, Delaware)
- Lerner Jewish Community Day School (Durham, North Carolina)
- Levine Academy (Dallas, Texas)
- Instituto Albert Einstein (Panama City, Panama)
- #MEAction (Los Angeles, California)
- Mercer Island School District (Mercer Island, Washington)
- Northwest Yeshiva H.S. (Mercer Island, Washington)
- Ramaz (New York, New York)
- Schechter School of Long Island (Long Island, New York)
- Temple Beth Am Day School (Miami, Florida)
- Yeshivah of Flatbush (Brooklyn, New York)
“I’ve been calling you the District Whisperer. You came to a divided district; thoughtfully interviewed everyone from parents to students to teachers to bus drivers; helped our board build a quality focused, inclusive process; recruited a large pool of talented candidates; and ultimately gave us everything we needed to make the best possible decision for our school district at this time. The goodwill from the way the search was conducted has left us in a much stronger position for the transfer of leadership.” — Board president, client school district
“So pleased that things are going well. I’ve been incredibly happy with [our new executive] in this role so far. I echo the thanks for all of your good work, Lydia! We wouldn’t be in such a good place without you!” —Board president, client school
“There are not enough good things I can say about the process you lead, your effort, or you. You are without a doubt one of the best consultants/service providers with whom I have ever worked – and I have worked with so many.” —Board member, client school
“I just want to say I’m very impressed with your work on this search.” —Educational expert, client school
“After all of the congratulations shared all around, the real credit for the success of our Head search is all yours. Thank you for your leadership start to finish! Well done and know that you can look to me for anyone that needs a person to validate your work.” —Outgoing head of school, client school
“The teachers have been talking about how much they appreciate your qualitative approach! You really make people feel heard and valued.” —Faculty member, client school
“Your enthusiasm is real and contagious for which we are grateful.” —Search committee member, client school
“Wow! I am so impressed with [the] candidates that you brought to our school. Thank you so much. I know how long it has taken and how much effort goes into a process of this magnitude and I am so grateful… Whomever [the committee selects] to be our next head of school will be an outstanding choice. I am so optimistic for the near future of [our school]. I also want to tell you how much I, as a parent, appreciate the opportunity to talk about the school with the candidates and provide my input. In the past, it has seemed as though our feedback on the school wasn’t sought out or appreciated. I actually gave up on the notion that my voice or the voice of my children would ever be heard by the previous administration.” —Parent, client school
Schedule a Phone Consultation
If you are an employer interested in learning more about our services, please submit our contact form or submit an RFP at your convenience. We can tell you more about our services, our pricing, and our process. Thank you for your interest!
If you are a candidate, please do not use these forms, which are for employers. We will reach out to you if you are a potential fit for a role. Best wishes for a successful search.