Tradition Search Partners represents schools in N-12 educational-leadership searches. We utilize aggressive and tested processes, advanced technology, and stakeholder engagement work that strengthens school communities through the search process.
We wrote the book on how to Hire an Ideal Head of School. We are also a:
- Supporter of the National Association of Independent Schools
- Certified Inclusive Recruiter via Textio
- Carbon-neutral firm in partnership via Terrapass
- Woman-owned small business
Tradition Search Partners was founded in 2015 to provide extraordinary service to clients in the N-12 education sector who were being forced to settle for lower levels of service than you’d get in the for-profit world.
We are typically called in when a search is more challenging than usual: ultra-niche school, incredibly high standards, challenging demographic, tiny schools, challenging geographies, and/or previously unsuccessful searches. We started working with Jewish day schools, expanded to other parochial independent schools and secular independent schools, work occasionally with select nonprofits and for-profit companies, and now also conduct superintendent searches for public school districts with a very discerning community.
Our goal is to leave the organization and community stronger than we found them. There’s nothing we haven’t seen, and there’s nothing we can’t handle. That’s what we do best: not just finding the right person but strengthening morale to help the right person rise to the top and succeed.
We have placed one or more senior leaders at each of the following client schools or organizations.
- Abiqua Academy (Salem, Oregon)
- Akiba Academy of Dallas (Dallas, Texas)
- Atlanta Jewish Academy (Atlanta, Georgia)
- Ashbrook Independent School (Corvallis, Oregon)
- Berman Hebrew Academy (Rockville, Maryland)
- Bernard Zell Anshe Emet Jewish Day School (Chicago, Illinois)
- Bread for Israel (New York, New York)
- Cedar Creek School (Ruston, Louisiana) — Coming Soon
- Fuchs Mizrachi (Beechwood, Ohio)
- Jewish Family Service of Delaware (Wilmington, Delaware)
- Lerner Jewish Community Day School (Durham, North Carolina)
- Levine Academy (Dallas, Texas)
- Instituto Albert Einstein (Panama City, Panama)
- #MEAction (Los Angeles, California)
- Mercer Island School District (Mercer Island, Washington) — Coming Soon
- Northwest Yeshiva H.S. (Mercer Island, Washington)
- Stepping Stone (Austin, Texas) — Open Now
- Temple Beth Am Day School (Miami, Florida)
- Yeshivah of Flatbush (Brooklyn, New York)
“There are not enough good things I can say about the process you lead, your effort, or you. You are without a doubt one of the best consultants/service providers with whom I have ever worked – and I have worked with so many.” —Board member client school
“I just want to say I’m very impressed with your work on this search.” —Educational expert, client school
“After all of the congratulations shared all around, the real credit for the success of our Head search is all yours. Thank you for your leadership start to finish! Well done and know that you can look to me for anyone that needs a person to validate your work.” —Outgoing head of school, client school
“The teachers have been talking about how much they appreciate your qualitative approach! You really make people feel heard and valued.” —Faculty member, client school
“Your enthusiasm is real and contagious for which we are grateful.” —Search committee member, client school
“Wow! I am so impressed with [the] candidates that you brought to our school. Thank you so much. I know how long it has taken and how much effort goes into a process of this magnitude and I am so grateful… Whomever [the committee selects] to be our next head of school will be an outstanding choice. I am so optimistic for the near future of [our school]. I also want to tell you how much I, as a parent, appreciate the opportunity to talk about the school with the candidates and provide my input. In the past, it has seemed as though our feedback on the school wasn’t sought out or appreciated. I actually gave up on the notion that my voice or the voice of my children would ever be heard by the previous administration.” —Parent, client school
Schedule a Phone Consultation
If you are curious about using our services, please submit our contact form, submit an RFP, or schedule a phone consultation with our founder at your convenience. We can tell you more about our services, our pricing, and our process. Thank you for your interest!